File Explorer crashes when I right click for context menu

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

File Explorer crashes when I right click for context menu

Postby fjsaral » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Whenever I right click on a folder or file in File Explorer in either the Project or Folders tabs, Rapid PHP 12 crashes. I get a pop-up that says "An error occurred in the application". I have worked with Blumental support, but none of their suggestions worked (and there were many). They advised me to wait for the next release of Rapid PHP later this year. Needless to say, without the File Explorer I don't have a way to manage my files/folders or projects. I literally have to leave the program whenever I have any file management to do - a real hassle. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions? I am desperate because I really like Rapid PHP. I have NuSphere's phpED and Jetbrains PHP Storm (super IDEs) but I prefer using the editor in Rapid PHP. I have gone through the forum to no avail. Thanks.
fjsaral

Re: File Explorer crashes when I right click for context men

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 pm

It has to be something buggy that you have installed that integrates with Windows Explorer, the error log that you sent confirms this.
You can try uninstalling these and see if it makes any change: WordWeb and Media Pro 1. One of them might be the offender, if nothing changes just install them back.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: File Explorer crashes when I right click for context men

Postby fjsaral » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:28 pm

I uninstalled the two programs you identified and rebooted the computer - same problem. I agree that it has to be something I've installed but with over 500 programs on my computer, the chances are slim that I can identify the culprit. I can't uninstall everything, it's not worth it. I reinstalled WordWeb Pro as I use it all the time but I left Media Pro out. Thanks for the help.
fjsaral

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support