Text editor - indent word wrap

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Text editor - indent word wrap

Postby MtnSkier » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:44 am

Hi!

I am a new user. When you indent a long line while word wrap is on, only the first line is indented - the successive lines jump back to the left side of the window - makes the code harder to read. Am I overlooking a setting? I hope there is a way to fix this.

BTW, WeBuilder is amazing. It is easy to overlook issues that are not ideal for all the thoughtful features it provides.

Thanks
MtnSkier

Re: Text editor - indent word wrap

Postby MikeyB » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:50 am

Have to say I never use word wrap, so I wondered how the different editors I have behaved.

WeBuilder & Visual Studio 2010 behave the same, in that only the 1st line is indented.
Edit Plus & Notepad++ indent the 1st line and the wrapped lines.

So there is some difference in the way word wrap is implemented, which is the correct way would be what you are used to I guess.
I'm not aware of a way to change the behaviour in WeBuilder.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Re: Text editor - indent word wrap

Postby MtnSkier » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:21 am

Thank you for explaining. You're right - I am used to Notepad++, tho there are editor features in WB that Notepad++ lacks, like the alternate search: CONTROL + ' <the 'grave accent' symbol under the tilde> for Quick Search in the Search toolbar. It doesn't force the search field to copy the current word like CONTROL+F does.

(I am using WeBuilder 2014)
MtnSkier

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support