Spaces to tabs indenting

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Spaces to tabs indenting

Postby Klipper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:42 am

WeBuilder 2014(latest): Is there an easy way to replace spaces for tabs?
I tried 'Find and Replace'. I can add and find the number of spaces to replace, but entering a 'tab' in the 'Replace With' textbox is not accepted.
I always use tabs for indenting in my code, but I often get code from others to work with, which is indented with spaces. Sometimes 2 spaces but also often 4 spaces used for indenting. I know I can use the Ctrl+left and Ctrl+right keys, but I don't like to re-indent manually every rule/block of code.

So how can I convert spaces to tabs for indenting automaticly or by one click a file in Webuilder?

Thanks in advance!
Klipper

Re: Spaces to tabs indenting

Postby Aivars » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:36 am

You can't enter Tab in Replace dialog but you can copy/paste tab to it. Of course doing this together with Replace All could be dangerous if your code contains strings with spaces used for values instead of indentation.

If you want a super easy just replace all indenting spaces to tabs button, you could write a plugin.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support