Autocomplete Not Working (RESOLVED)

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Autocomplete Not Working (RESOLVED)

Postby chikega » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:23 am

I recently purchased WeBuilder 2014 after testing a half dozen other editors. (I also have CoffeeCup HTML Editor V14.1).

The only issue that seems to be vexing me currently is the Auto Complete feature. It only seems to work once or randomly. I'll type "font" and I get a nice drop down menu of choices. And the next time, nothing unless I using Ctrl-Space to call it. I've turned Autocomplete on and off in Options>Preferences>Text Editor> Auto Complete. Exited and restarted the application. Same behavior. Any ideas?

I'm using WeBuilder 2014 Version 12.2 (12.2.0.150), Win 8.1

Thank you for your assistance,

Gary
Last edited by chikega on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chikega

Re: Autocomplete Not Working

Postby chechnyan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:52 pm

same for me .
i used to ctrl+space alot
the autocomplete is not always there for for you.
chechnyan

Postby Aivars » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Autocomplete works differently depending on file type. I agree that it's not perfect at the moment but it seems consistent to me. For CSS files autocomplete will appear after whitespace (space or enter) so if you click and start typing you won't get it, but if you click, press space and then type, it will appear.

Also make sure your autocomplete delay is not too long.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby chikega » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:32 pm

I sent a video to Support and they replied with the following:

Dear Gary,

Thanks for the video.

1. I noticed that the autocomplete delay is set to 1000 ms, but you do not wait 1 second and start typing faster.
2. The autocomplete automatically comes up after you press Enter to type the next property. This is why the autocomplete does not come up the first time because Enter has not been pressed before.

You should decrease the autocomplete delay to 100-200 ms in preferences.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

It resolved the issue by lowering the delay down to 100ms. I guess I type too quickly at times. :)
Thank you for the above suggestions as well. I'm really happy with my choice in software. For the PC platform, this is my preferred editor. On the mac, it's Espresso.
chikega

Re: Autocomplete Not Working (RESOLVED)

Postby kfury77 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi Gary. I'm pleased to hear that you've got it working as expected.

Be sure to update to the new version of WeBuilder released today - there are lots of fixes and improvements, including to HTML autocomplete.

Details here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6400
kfury77

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support