Error report in Ver. 12 Win 7

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Error report in Ver. 12 Win 7

Postby oriole » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 pm

I am getting an error occurred in the application report upon closing the program. When I go to open it I get another screen saying that the program wasn't closed down correctly and would I like to try and recover the work.
The general report says I have the following problem:
"C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals\WeBuilder\settings\autoreplace.dat", Access is denied.
I have gone to that folder and I have full access when I click on the properties and the security tab. I just tried to install again and still have the same problem. I haven't tried a clean install.
Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? Also the preview is so slow now I didn't think it was working at all.
oriole

Re: Error report in Ver. 12 Win 7

Postby Aivars » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:27 am

I think you should try clean install, even more, after uninstalling go to C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals folder and check if WeBuilder folder has been indeed removed and delete it if necessary.
After that check if Windows has placed a virtual copy of the files in %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore. Delete Webuilder program files and settings from the virtualstore if they are there.
Only after the cleanup reinstall WeBuilder.

I can only imagine 2 scenarios that maybe could have caused this - the files have different permissions (but why?) or Windows decided that WeBuilder must be run in Windows XP or Windows 98 mode on your computer and that would break all kinds of things.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby oriole » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:10 pm

I deleted WB 12 and restarted my computer, I still have WB 10. When I went to the folder you said to check the only thing in it was a bugreport, which says my operation system is Windows Tablet PC x64 ser.Pack. 1 build 7601
I am not sure what tablet pc is. I am using a desktop.
When I open WB 10 it is now on the free trial mode. It opens and closes with no problems as it did before.
I had to copy paste the %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore into the start box, as I wasn't sure what or where this was. I did a search and it showed nothing. How do I get to this, and should I also delete WB 10?
oriole

Postby Aivars » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 am

Can you paste %appdata%\Blumentals\WeBuilder\ in start box, too, to see if we're even looking at the right folder?

I think since something has obviously gone wrong, uninstall the old version, too.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby oriole » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:56 pm

Thanks this worked
oriole

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support