Webuilder preview shows correct page, but not net

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Webuilder preview shows correct page, but not net

Postby oriole » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:56 am

Hello,

I am using win7, webuilder ver.12.3

I have uninstalled, reinstalled WB, etc. I am not computer savvy. If I explain this wrong don't jump on me.

In updating my pages I wanted to use all style sheets. When making changes to the style sheet and trying to view the html in the preview mode it is so slow to load that I thought there was something wrong with my coding at first. I have both my html page and the css up at the same time in the split window. Maybe this is just how the program works with separate style sheets. My other big problem is the preview.

On Webuilder everything looks great, yet when I go to the internet to view my index page, in IE it looks just like it does in WB, but in FF it changes the color of the text on my menu items to one of the other colors I use for links. I was trying to fix the problem but can't find it because in WB it isn't there in the FF preview, it looks like I wanted it to. I didn't have this problem before I updated the page. The only updates I did were to center the page in the browser, write it all in HTML5 and change to style sheets.
I also have this problem on my only other page with menu items. The text changes the same way and only in FF. I have other pages with text and it is all in the correct colors.

I don't know what to do as I can't fix it if I can't test it in WB.

Any suggestions as to why I am not seeing the page the same in FF and WB?

This is the page address http://adams-harris.com/ if you want to see how it looks in both programs. The text should be dark brown, but is gold in the FF browser.

Thanks
oriole

Re: Webuilder preview shows correct page, but not net

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:42 pm

The page looks the same in both IE and FF on my computer (unless I'm missing something). Try pressing Ctrl + F5 so that FireFox reloads all items instead using the cache, maybe that's the problem.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby oriole » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:57 pm

It has been a while and I'm just now back to adding some web pages when I realize that the wrong colors in FF were never resolved. As I said before the two pages with menus should have brown text, gold when hovering and putty when visited. The text is all putty all the time. Cookies don't matter, refreshing doesn't help. Now I realize this is not a WB problem but something in my coding. The WB problem is that this looks correct in the program, shows brown text. It also looks correct when I use tool>preview in>FF, the CSS page how ever will show the problem when viewed that way.
Having a style sheet slows down the whole program. Trying to view changes, require me to save the changes and then wait while the program updates. I have a new computer and it has a ton of memory. I gave up the last time trying to figure this out because it took so long with the updating.
I would also like to know how to get the FF icon on top of the page (next to IE,Chrome and the ruler), I know it use to be there in the older versions. Thanks
oriole

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:08 am

FF does not offer embedded web browser any more (since version 3.6 or so), so the icon is gone.

What you describe sounds that you might be viewing the wrong file in Firefox and that's why you see the wrong colors. When you use Tools -> Preview In -> Firefox, WeBuilder simply opens the page in Firefox, nothing extra is done, which proves that Firefox does display your colors correctly. Maybe if you sent me a video demonstrating everything you described I could figure out what's going on.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support