RapidPHP 2015 - Indent guides not showing

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RapidPHP 2015 - Indent guides not showing

Postby ttx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:18 pm

I tested new (2015) version on personal computer (portable install) - everything was ok, then switched to working computer and copied new version + copied the settings folder from old version.

Now everthing is working, except the indent guides - they are not showing at all (tested on php, html and css files).

Can you help me?

Thanks.
ttx

Re: RapidPHP 2015 - Indent guides not showing

Postby Aivars » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Try Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> View. Make sure that "Show indent lines" is checked and that the color is different than background color.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby ttx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Aivars wrote:Try Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> View. Make sure that "Show indent lines" is checked and that the color is different than background color.

Tried that many times - option is checked (+settings file confirms that) and the color is bright red. Still nothing :(
ttx

Postby Aivars » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:49 pm

Could you zip the whole portable installation, upload it somewhere and PM me the link? I'm trying to reproduce the problem but so far indent lines show every time so I'm very curious to see what's going on.
Aivars

Postby ttx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Just tried clean install of RapidPHP and WebBuilder (both portable) - still not working on work PC. Tried to copy whole folder to another computer - there it works as expected.

What can be wrong? Both computer are running on Window 7 64. The only difference is the work computer is accessed through the remote desktop.
ttx

Postby ttx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:02 pm

After connecting a monitor to the work computer - everything is fine on monitor, but still no indent guides over remote desktop (i see the right margin and everything is the same on monitor and remote desktop - except the indent guides).

Any ideas?

Thank you.
ttx

Postby Aivars » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Ok, it's definitely somehow related to RDC, I'll add it to bugs.
Aivars

Postby ttx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks. Maybe bacause on RDC there is no hardware graphic acceleration?
ttx

Postby Aivars » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:56 pm

We are looking into it and, as hard as it is to believe, it seems to be Windows bug. We're trying to figure out some workaround that won't slow down the editor.
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support