WeBuilder2015 PHP variable highlighting

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder2015 PHP variable highlighting

Postby mwalker212 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:49 pm

When I double-click a PHP variable in WB2014, e.g. $variable, it would only highlight the variable name (excluding the $), highlighting all matching copies and also highlighting non-variable text of the same string. I found this to be very useful as, for instance, I use variables with the same name as associated database fields and highlighting one would highlight the other in query strings making them all easy to spot.
However, in WB2015 it appears that double-clicking a variable now selects the $ as well which means only matching variable names are highlighted and nothing else. Selecting the variable name manually excluding the $ doesn't highlight anything else at all.
Is there an option to switch back to the 2014 method of highlighting where variables are concerned? If not, would it be possible to add an option for such?

*EDIT
That's odd, having re-installed 2014 to check a few other things it appears I was wrong, it treats variables the same as 2015. I could have sworn it did what I mentioned above, did I imagine it or has something been reset in the reinstall?...
mwalker212

Re: WeBuilder2015 PHP variable highlighting

Postby Aivars » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:07 pm

Sorry, but WB2014 and even before has always had included $ in word selection in PHP files. As far as I'm informed, there was voting some years ago and this behavior was favored over the exclusion of $.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: WeBuilder2015 PHP variable highlighting

Postby mwalker212 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:42 pm

Fairy 'nuff. I must have had flashbacks of a previous IDE :lol:
mwalker212

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support