Webuilder2015 Export Settings loses last changes

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Webuilder2015 Export Settings loses last changes

Postby mwalker212 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:44 am

I noticed this in WB2014 as well. If I make some changes in Preferences, click OK and then immediately Export Settings, when I re-open WB the last preference changes are not as I had set them. However, the changes are saved in the export, so if I subsequently Import Settings then the changes are back.
If, however, I make the changes, close WB then re-open WB and then Export Settings then all settings are retained upon the next restart.
So it appears that it's only when WB closes itself to export the settings that any recent changes are not saved in the working config.
mwalker212

Re: Webuilder2015 Export Settings loses last changes

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:14 pm

I guess this happens because WeBuilder saves the settings on exit but most likely Export Settings feature exports the saved settings. I'll add this to issues.

Update: did you close the WeBuilder when Export Settings asked you to?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:21 pm

Hm, I can't reproduce this. I tried changing Indent and Tab size, and immediately exporting settings. The exported settings contained the correct values. Which setting did you change?
Aivars

Postby mwalker212 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:00 pm

You seem to have got the details around the wrong way, the settings *are* being exported but are not being remembered by WB when you reopen WB after it closed itself to export the settings.

I.e.
Open WB, tick (or untick) Remove Trailing spaces and tabs, click OK. Go to Export Settings and export, allowing WB to close. Re-open WB after the export and check the above setting, it has returned to the value it was before the last change.
The correct setting is stored in the export, but not remembered by WB.
mwalker212

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:41 pm

I see, thanks for the clarification.
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support