Webuilder 2015 menu dropdown icons black squared

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Webuilder 2015 menu dropdown icons black squared

Postby carliv » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:49 am

Hi, I don't think this is a Webuilder related issue, but maybe someone here can give me an explanation or even better a solution.
This is my problem:
and if I pass over with the mouse they go back to normal:

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with Nvidia 8600GT graphic card and with windows 7 x86. I tried the driver provided by dell support, I tried the latest nvidia driver for my card... nothing worked. That thing still appear. I tried everything I could think of (clear and rebuild icons cache was the first, update graphic card driver, etc.). It worked well on windows xp, but has this issue in vista or windows 7. Only setting in view interface that don't do that is "antique". So I'm thinking that is something with png display (the menu icons from antique are gifs). Ah and this is the only program with this issue, in other like WPS Office the icons from dropdown menus are displayed normal.
Doesn't affect the software functionality, which is great btw (I'm using this software since version 2012 licenced), but it bothers me visual.
I hope someone can shed some light over my problem.
Thank you!
carliv

Re: Webuilder 2015 menu dropdown icons black squared

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:05 am

We are just working with another customer that has the same problem, if you want to participate by running small test apps, PM me your Skype name. Currently we have no idea what causes this but we hope to isolate the cause.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Larry » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:42 am

I have the same issue with the icons in HTML Pad 2014 and now in 2015.

Dell XPS 8700 with Nvidia GE720. Windows 7.
Larry

Postby CrazyMakis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:31 am

Same problem with WeBuilder 2014 (v. 12.3.0.152).

Using Dell XPS L502X with Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 RUS. Re-installing video card drivers didn't helped.

And the same issue happens with phpDesiger 8.1.2
CrazyMakis

Postby pmk65 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:45 pm

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Larry » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm

The problem is not with the Windows desktop icons. It's within the program submenus and context menus.

I've tried a number of "fixes" and suggestions but nothing has helped.

I believe it's something broken in Windows as I have several other programs that have the same problem. All of them are the context menus and submenu icons. As near as I can figure it, I believe it's some display call both before and after a mouse hover with the programs themselves (dll or com?) that Windows doesn't properly recognize.
Larry

Postby carliv » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:56 pm

I came back to say that I think I know what causes that strange behaviour. It is not webuilder nor windows. I had kaspersky antivirus installed at that time. After my license expired I started to use avira free antivirus and the issue was gone. Recently I received a licence for kaspersky internet security in exchange to my lifetime outpost firewall licence and I installed kaspersky again. When I opened the webuilder the black squares were there again. Uninstalled and blacksquare is gone. I don't know if all people who had this problem used to have kaspersky installed, but maybe something similar.
carliv

Postby Aivars » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:04 am

Thank you very much for this info! Finally something to explain this since we never were able to reproduce the issue.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support