RapidPHP 2015 changes ! to !important in PHP code

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RapidPHP 2015 changes ! to !important in PHP code

Postby sootsnoot » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:44 pm

This problem has been around for several versions, but I never reported it - my bad :oops:

Just installed 13.0.0.162, and it's still there, so now I'm thinking maybe I've had some sort of bad option configuration all this time. But searching the forums didn't give me any ideas, so I'm reporting it in a new topic.

The problem is simple. I'm editing PHP code, and I normally put a space between the unary not operator ! and its operand. But when I type the space, it gets replaced by !important. So this valid php code:
Code: Select all
if (! $done) continue;

becomes this invalid PHP code:
Code: Select all
if (!important $done) continue;

Reasonable when editing CSS, but not PHP! Comment recognition, syntax highlighting and auto-completes are otherwise appropriate for PHP, there's just this one anomaly. If there's an option setting to fix this, please let me know. Else it's a bug :-)

Thanks,
-Rich
sootsnoot

Re: RapidPHP 2015 changes ! to !important in PHP code

Postby Aivars » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:56 am

See if you have "!" under menu Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> Auto Replace and get rid of it.

This should not be in the default Auto Replace list in my opinion and I'll bring up this issue.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: RapidPHP 2015 changes ! to !important in PHP code

Postby sootsnoot » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:40 pm

That's it! I've never looked at that option before, and I'm amazed at the length of the list. Also at the fact that this is the only item that has ever tripped me up.

Obviously my opinion is that this one shouldn't be there by default.

Of course as a user, it's my job to turn a stupid user misunderstanding into a feature request. In that spirit I would add my thought that while it's great that there's a button to disable the complete list, it would be better still if each replacement allowed selection of languages to which it should apply. This one would be okay for css and html (and perhaps others), but not php.

Thanks for a fantastic product with awesome support! I don't know why I waited all these years to report this problem!
sootsnoot

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support