Error: <p:first-line> is not recognized!

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Error: <p:first-line> is not recognized!

Postby Silver » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:15 am

First I want to say a Thank You to Karl for a wonderful program. (sorry for posting problems, we newbie's can be such a pain)

I use WeBuilder 2005 and when I need info, your program brings what I need up.

I'm using the examples which your great program opens up, to help me better understand what and how to use css. I get this error when running tidy task on the :first-line element, Error: <p:first-line> is not recognized! , and discarding unexpected </:first-line> </:first-line>

The example is listed at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector. ... rst-letter
5.12 Pseudo-elements
5.12.1 The :first-line pseudo-element

P:first-line {text-transform:uppercase}

<P><P:first-line> This is a somewhat long HTML
paragraph that will </P:first-line> be broken into several
lines. The first line will be identified
by a fictional tag sequence. The other lines
will be treated as ordinary lines in the
paragraph.</P>

<P><P:first-line><SPAN class="test"> This is a
somewhat long HTML
paragraph that will </SPAN></P:first-line><SPAN class="test"> be
broken into several
lines.</SPAN> The first line will be identified
by a fictional tag sequence. The other lines
will be treated as ordinary lines in the
paragraph.</P>

I put the P:first-line, etc into the <head><style type=text/css> portion, and the <p> in the body. I tried putting all of it in the <body> and still get an error. So what am I doing wrong?
We carry safety, security, and defense products, we're here when you need them.
Silver

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:11 am

I am not sure about the correctness of <p:first-line>. I would suggest you to use the HTML and CSS in a more traditional way, like <p class="whatever></p> or with <span>

Tidy is a third party tool and it could be that Tidy is not capable of processing some very complex language structures, but anyway it would be better if you would not use <p:first-line>
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support