vct3216.dll not found

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

vct3216.dll not found

Postby sootsnoot » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:03 pm

WinXP SP3, RapidPHP 13.2.0.164

I open a .zip file (using WinZip 8.1 SR-1 (5266). I double-click a .php file inside the .zip and get a pop-up dialog box:
Code: Select all
rapidphp.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application failed to start because vct3216.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I haven't (yet) tried re-installing rapidphp, as it otherwise works just fine, and my gut tells me it won't help. Should I try, or is there some other known solution?

Thanks,

-Rich
sootsnoot

Re: vct3216.dll not found

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:24 am

So, you can open normal PHP files but not from .zip files? Maybe the problem is in WinZip? Try opening the .zip file with Windows Compressed Folders and see if opening the .php file causes the same error then.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby sootsnoot » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Oh man, I just entered a detailed reply and my session timed out without saving a draft :(

Summary:

1. I have seen the message before, but at the moment I can't reproduce it, so I can't try your helpful suggestion.
  2. Google says that vct3216.dll is part of an audio codec, so if WinZip or RapidPHP had a feature to play a sound on opening a file, that would be a clue - but I have never heard either program play a sound
  3. I ran the depends.exe dependency analyzer on both rapidphp.exe and winzip32.exe, and neither one showed vct3216.dll, though of course that doesn't show dynamic dependencies
So I guess I'll just have to wait until I can reproduce the problem reliably, and then try a compressed folder. If you guys haven't heard of this before, then most likely it's WinZip, and I guess I could try their support, as it is a licensed copy. Though I doubt they're as good as you :-)

Thanks for your, as usual, quick and helpful reply!
sootsnoot

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:22 am

We all here use 7zip nowadays - it's free and supports all kinds of compression formats. Just a tip :)
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support