Some weirdos in WeBuilder 2015

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Some weirdos in WeBuilder 2015

Postby quantuumsnot » Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi, directly to the problems (version 13.2.0.164):

1. Missing code folding in PHP state, didn't check it for JS/etc
2. For the experiment I deleted a closing brace } of `for ($i = 0; $i < $steps; $i++)` block, and pressed F7 (my change) for 'Syntax Check'. This is what I've got:
"Syntax error, unexpected end of file in blablabla.php on line 231"
instead of the nicer
"Syntax Error: Missing closing brace at line 194"
3. The IDE needs more features - like integrated static code analysis
4. C#, C and C++ support? I successfully use Notepad++ to compile in those languages through NppExec, what's the status here?
5. Another inconsistency - walking through the lines we can hit Enter after opening bracket/brace and then see that indentation doesn't work and our new empty line startpos is the same as the above line. This is a workflow breaker!

Anyway it's one of fastest IDEs (interface performance) on the market
quantuumsnot

Re: Some weirdos in WeBuilder 2015

Postby quantuumsnot » Tue May 12, 2015 10:24 pm

When the devs will see this rant?
quantuumsnot

Postby kfury77 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:34 am

Sorry, I'm not sure about the problems you mentioned re; code folding and indentation.
3. For feature requests, please post a separate post in the 'Feature Requests' forum
4. I don't think WeBuilder is likely to support C#, C and C++. If you want an editor for those it might be better to look at Microsoft's editor https://code.visualstudio.com/
kfury77

Postby quantuumsnot » Wed May 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Critical feature(s) missing or misbehaving means problems for me, not a reason for a feature request
quantuumsnot

Postby pmk65 » Wed May 13, 2015 6:52 pm

1) True. That's a feature I miss too. There's a plugin in the plugin section that can do it (I haven't tried it myself.) http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6249
2) I have noticed that behavior too, and the line it lists is always the last line of your script.
3) I think you need to show some examples or some more elaborate info if you want the devs to implement that.
4) Create a WeBuilder plugin that calls NppExec in the same manner as Notepad++, and it should work.
5) I think your settings are wrong, as I don't have any problems. Hitting Enter after entering a { or a [ bracket correctly indents the cursor. (Make sure you don't have the settings set on a mix of tabs/spaces, as that WILL screw up the indentation BIG time.)

quantuumsnot wrote:Critical feature(s) missing or misbehaving means problems for me, not a reason for a feature request

If a feature YOU WANT is missing (It might be critical for you, but maybe not for others) then it helps writing a feature request. :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby quantuumsnot » Thu May 14, 2015 1:09 am

3. I'm sure devs do that when coding WeBuilder ... or don't?
4. Only if WB allows a internal command prompt to be opened in some area of its layout, not external
5. Nope, for example writting a simple function with just one `for` loop in it properly indents the cursor in N++ after first curly brace (below the `for` 1 char deeper than `r` (Tab size: 2, replaced by spaces). Same settings are in Code::Blocks - no problems again ...
In WB - Tab size: 2, Indent size: 2, checked Convert tabs to spaces, drops cursor sometimes below the `f` of the `for`
quantuumsnot

Postby Aivars » Mon May 25, 2015 11:18 am

1) menu Options -> Code Collapse for Code
2) PHP is used for syntax checking and the error you see is returned by PHP interpreter
3) Since PHP is a dynamic language, the possibilities regarding these kinds of tools are limited compared to static languages
4) Not planned at this moment
5) menu Options -> Preferences -> Text Editor -> Auto Complete -> make sure Auto indent curly braces is checked.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby quantuumsnot » Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 pm

1) Great
2) The same s**t we have in PHPEd 15, PHPStorm 8.0.1 reports that it expects } but again in the last line of the file. Relying every time on the interpreter for reporting the syntax errors is not so good.
3) PHPMD, CodeSniff, PHP Analyzer can be integrated
4) Ok
5) Yes, it is
quantuumsnot

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support