Transfer problems: FTP glitch and text coloring

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Transfer problems: FTP glitch and text coloring

Postby FrankC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:20 pm

I have some problems with the transfer of files to my new machine. I installed WB on the new machine and manually transferred the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Blumentals folder to the new machine, as well as the web files (my projects). As far as I can tell (can't tell whether any file was corrupted or not), everything went fine. The projects are included in the menus, they open nicely, all files show up, my Auto Replacements work the same, and the layout of the panes and task bars is identical, too. As are the FTP data. However:

1. When I try to FTP-upload an edited file to its website, WB says that the FTP directory for the project is not specified or non-existent. While all the settings in Manage Projects are exactly the same as on the old machine, and with that machine it still works. I thought that by manually transferring the said files I would not have this problem. Which is true to the extent that the FTP data did come along in my case, but still I get an error report.

2. I lost the personalized code coloring. While installing WB 2015 on the old machine, it took over the code coloring of WB 2014, but on the new machine I still have the default coloring. I looked for a file with 'color' in its name in Program Files\Webuilder 2015 and ~ 2014, but can't find anything. Which file would that be?
FrankC

Re: Transfer problems: FTP glitch and text coloring

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Did you transfer registry settings, too? If you for an example lost all your FTP connections (View -> File Explorer -> FTP) then that would be the reason for the issue #1. Not transferring the registry settings would explain the missing colors, too.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Transfer problems: FTP glitch and text coloring

Postby FrankC » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:32 am

Using the import/export function indeed solved the FTP problem. And half of the code coloring problem. The HTML and PHP files now have the same coloring as on the old machine, but the CSS and .htacces files have reverted to their default coloring. Any ideas on how to sync those?
FrankC

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support