Bug: "Select between brackets" fail in certain situations

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Bug: "Select between brackets" fail in certain situations

Postby pmk65 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:30 am

The "Select between brackets" fail in certain situations. To best illustrate it, I made a screencap video:

https://youtu.be/UVFA64_SkOM

Notice that the "Select between brackets" is DISABLED on the context menu, when I right click the first 2 times.
I then add an extra space between the brackets, and now "Select between brackets" is ENABLED on the context menu.

The 1st selection fails totally and doesn't select anything.
The 2nd select the block of code it is supposed to.

Program used: WeBuilder 2015 v13.2.0.164
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Re: Bug: "Select between brackets" fail in certain situation

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Can you leave that video online? I don't know what causes this, but I suspect it has something to do with the specific javascript code. I'll attach your DocBlock plugin and link to this video for the bug report.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Bug: "Select between brackets" fail in certain situation

Postby pmk65 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Aivars wrote:Can you leave that video online? I don't know what causes this, but I suspect it has something to do with the specific javascript code. I'll attach your DocBlock plugin and link to this video for the bug report.

Sure. I also updated the DocBlock plugin so you got the same code as I was testing it on.

The problem with it selecting the wrong brackets block could be my plugin code.
But the other problem where I have to insert an extra space is consistant and also fails in PHP scripts.

Originally I wanted my "Select Codeblock" plugin to use the "Select between brackets"
And if the starting code wasn't a function, I would backtrack a character, and repeat the "Select between brackets".
But due to the problem with only one space between the brackets, it won't work backtracking.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support