page down = page up

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

page down = page up

Postby LordSky » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:17 pm

Bug:

1. load a file in RapidPHP (any version)
2. wheel down with your mouse.
3. hit page down key.
4. watch as RapidPHP pages up instead. :(
LordSky

Postby mwb1100 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:40 am

This behavior is common in editors:

Scrolling using the scroll bar or mouse wheel does not move the caret, just the text that is displayed.

Then when you use the keypad, the caret is moved and the display is updated to show the line where the caret currently resides.

Some editors have an option to have the caret move when the scroll bar/wheel is used. I don't know if HTMLPad and its cousins have such an option.
mwb1100

Postby mwb1100 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:19 pm

Hmm.... now that I've actually had a chance to play with it (yesterday I was at a machine that did not have WeBuilder installed), there does seem to be a bug here.

Following these steps as an example:
1) open a file that contains more than a couple screen's worth of data
2) cursor down to line 2
3) use the mouse wheel or scroll bars to scroll to the bottom of the file
4) press page down

The displayed information is back at the top of the file, but you'll find that the cursor is stilll on line 2 when it should be farther down the file (exactly where depends on your window size).

Even worse, if you press page down again you end up with the cursor on line 1 and page down no longer functions until after you move the cursor some other way.

This is with WeBuilder 6.2 - the word wrap setting does not affect this.
mwb1100

Postby Karlis » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:27 pm

This is not a bug, it is standard behavior for code editors. After scrolling, you must move the caret to the current screen by clicking an code.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby daveporter » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:06 pm

Sorry Karlis,

But this is not right.

I am at the bottom of a file and page-up just jumps to the bottom instead of going up ( if I'm say on the second last line ).

It seems to be triggered by being on the bottom of the file. If I am in the middle of the file page-up works, but if I am in the last visible page of the document it seems to trigger page-up not working.

I don't need to use the scroll button on the mouse to reproduce this !

( this has just appeared in RapidPHP 6.3 ! )

HTH - Dave Porter
dj-software
Perth, Western Australia
daveporter

Postby mwb1100 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:24 pm

admin wrote:This is not a bug, it is standard behavior for code editors. After scrolling, you must move the caret to the current screen by clicking an code.

Karlis, I think that if you carefully follow the steps in my second posting, you'll find behavior that is incorrect. Especially:

Even worse, if you press page down again you end up with the cursor on line 1 and page down no longer functions until after you move the cursor some other way.
mwb1100

Any News ?

Postby daveporter » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:18 pm

Hi Karlis,

Any news on this,, it is quite a clear, reproducible bug. And quite frustrating....

regards, Dave Porter
daveporter

Postby Karlis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:59 pm

Indeed there is something wrong, now I see, however today I have no idea of what it can be, with the current workload it may take a few weeks to figure out, but I'll eventually fix it. :wink:

There were no changes from 6.2 to 6.3 in editor so the update should not be guilted.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22 pm

Well, I just could not live with this and spent five extra hours searching, fixing, testing, compiling and releasing. As a result I also skipped my dinner.

So now you owe me a beer, providing that I have understood and fixed the correct problem :D

I really hope it works now...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:50 am

gladly. If you're in or near portland send me a message.

is it legal to ship beer?
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:54 am

hmm. after some looking about.... latvia is just about as far away from portland as you can get. I think of you when I drink my next. that'll just have to do.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby daveporter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:52 am

Hi Karlis,

Thanks for your efforts on this - seems to work well now.

One thing that is odd though ( and maybe I just never noticed it before ). If I'm editing a HTML file that has a CSS section, as I move in and out of the CSS, the CSS section of the toolbar turns itself on and off EVEN THOUGH I have the css tool bar turned on.

So essentially If I turn on the CSS tool bar I don't want the program to turn it off when I'm not in a CSS section.

Regards,
Dave Porter
daveporter

Postby daveporter » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:55 am

Sorry, I should have looked first....

There is a setting in the CSS Language Options section to turn this auto-feature off.

regards, Dave Porter
daveporter

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:36 pm

:D
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support