code hints Rapid PHP

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

code hints Rapid PHP

Postby olephant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm checking out Rapid PHP but I notice when I click one of my functions in my code I don't get any hints to what arguments the function is expecting.
Even a PHP function like 'join' doesn't give me any hints.
Is there a tick box I can click to switch that on?

Also right click and 'find declaration' is not working.
I've defined the project and PHP is installed correctly.
The actual functions file is also open in the editor.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Last edited by olephant on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
olephant

Re: code hints

Postby Aivars » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:46 am

1) Click menu Project -> Edit current project -> Library Paths and make sure that you declare where the PHP files of your project are located there (possibly the root folder of your project).

2) The arguments of the function won't be shown when you click on the function, but after you type "(" after function name, or by placing the cursor somewhere inside the brackets and pressing ctrl + shift + space.

3) join function is a special curiosity, if you use implode instead you will see the parameters. I think it's because PHP documentation does not specify arguments of join function, just says that it's an alias.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: code hints Rapid PHP

Postby olephant » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:57 am

Ah ..thanks- library paths fixed it .. and implode works too

It would be great if you could make "ctrl + shift+space" a toggle - so it stays on till it's turned off.
I rely on that a lot.

Am moving from another IDE and so far this looks great !
olephant

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support