'Find in files' popup

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

'Find in files' popup

Postby dave » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi,

Using WB 13.5

Can you please increase the on screen length of the folder path field under 'Search -> Find in files -> popup -> Look in -> folder'?

Every time I wish to do a search within a set of files using this popup I *have* to use the 'Browse' button in order to ensure that I have the correct directory selected within my current project. This is because I cannot see enough of the path in the dropdown. In my own setup I have 35 characters in the path before I even get my server http root directory, so it would be great to display 50-60 characters?

Additionally it would also be beneficial of the field could dynamically expand (lengthen) in much the same way that the 'Search for' field does when you drag/expand the popup size itself.

There other popups that have the same issue, which if you are minded to fix, perhaps you could do them all please?

Secondly, after a path is selected, if the 'Browse' button is clicked the 'Browse for folder' pop does not show the selected folder, but the one above it.

Thanks

Dave
dave

Re: 'Find in files' popup

Postby kfury77 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:51 am

+1
Yes! I have the same issue and I'd love to see this change too.
kfury77

Re: 'Find in files' popup

Postby Aivars » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:24 pm

I think it can be done.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support