Insert Comment <!-- -->

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Insert Comment <!-- -->

Postby RW » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:19 am

Karlis,

First of all I love the new version of HTMLPad 2005 (6.2 and 6.3). You have done a great job with this program. I write HTML, ASP and CSS for a living and I find myself using this editor more that anything else. It is simply excellent, light weight, full featured, FTP included, almost everything one needs to develop for the Web.

I do have one minor thing in version 6.3 that annoys me. When commenting a line in HTML if I highlight the line and click the comment button on the toolbar I get:

<!-- trtrtrtrtttrttrrtrtrtrt -->

If I use the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+M I get:

<!--
trtrtrtrtttrttrrtrtrtrt
-->

I prefer the first type comment and that is what 6.2 did.
<!-- trtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt -->
What happened in version 6.3 to cause this difference. Can it be corrected?

Thank You and keep up the good work.
RW

Postby Karlis » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:48 pm

Currently you can fix this by removing Shift key from the shortcut key sequence. Holding down Shift key has special effect when using many of the program features. With comments it makes the comment multi line. I jus wonder why didn't it behave that way in the previous version.

Try Alt+Ctrl+M or something like that. Please let me know if it is a big problem for you not to use your favorite key combination as in thet case I will be forced to figure out something else.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Insert Comment <!-- -->

Postby Bendis » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:06 am

RW wrote:If I use the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+M I get:

<!--
trtrtrtrtttrttrrtrtrtrt
-->

I prefer the first type comment and that is what 6.2 did.
<!-- trtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt -->

I prefered the old, single line version, too. It was more comfortable for me.
Bendis

Postby RW » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:31 pm

I changed the Shortcut Key to Ctrl+Alt+M and it works the way I like it to work. ( <!-- iruruurwrwe --> ).

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

If I can help in any way to spread the word about this excellent tool, just let me know.
RW

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:52 pm

Thanks!

Well, if you are nicely offering :) You could tell your friends or drop a small link in your blog or personal site (if you have one).

Best wishes :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support