Few little bugs to report

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Few little bugs to report

Postby jonathanp » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 am

Hello community!

First of all, this is my first post ever here.

I just started again to use a Blumentals software. In the past, I used HTMLPad 2010 and 2011.

Now I upgraded to WeBuilder 2015. So I want to say that it is a brilliant software! I like it!

But the most important is that the developers seem very dedicated and involved in their products and care about their customers. They seems to listen to everybody here. This is what I feel after reading a bunch of posts. This is great! ;-)

Now, I would like to report a few little bugs to help the product development.

I am using WeBuilder 2015 Version 13.5 (13.5.0.169).

1. "Select Tag" functionality is not working properly for PHP code when it contains character "<" or ">". Those characters interfere with it.

2. UI glitch each time when switching current window in the MDI when at least one window has been restored and maximized (otherwise no problem).

3. The keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + L" delete the current line. However, on menu "Options" => "Keyboard Shortcuts...", the command "Delete Line" has no shortcut assigned. If I assign one (other than "Ctrl + L"), I have 2 shortcuts to delete the current line.

4. Wrong keyboard shortcut is displayed for menu "Project" => "Project ToDo" ("Shift + Ctrl + T"). This is the case even when there is no shortcut associated to it (the default) or another one completely. It is hard-coded. This is maybe the case for some other menus, I don’t know for now. It was reported a couple years ago in thread http://forums.blumentals.net/viewtopic.php?t=6012 but I gave me permission to report it again.

Thank you
Jonathan
jonathanp

Re: Few little bugs to report

Postby Aivars » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:59 pm

1. Select Tag functionality is supposed to be very simple and basic. PHP code is strictly speaking not a tag. If we changed it it might even have an undesirable effect, e.g. if you wanted to select tag in echo '<div></div>';

2. 2016 will have no MDI windows and this problem will be gone.

3., 4. I'll check again what went wrong with the shortcuts. Something overrides them? I'll find out.

Thanks for reporting these!
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Ok, I have done some testing & researching regarding the shortcuts.

3. "Ctrl + L" is one of the deeply integrated shortcuts that can't be overriden. In fact it's called "Cut line", it will cut the current line to clipboard.

4. Will be fixed in 2016 (is fixed in the development version)
Aivars

Postby jonathanp » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:38 am

Hi Aivars,

Thanks for your answers! Good job with your software!

Jo
jonathanp

Postby thwbn » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:59 pm

Hello,

on my machine neigther STRG + L works, copies or does anything, nor is there an possibility to set a shortcut to the "delete Line" command.

Win 10 - 64 bit

cheers

Thorsten
thwbn

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:57 am

Go to menu Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts, find Delete Line command and assign shortcut to it. Is STRG = CTRL or something else?
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support