Confused about project management. Any tutorials?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Confused about project management. Any tutorials?

Postby blUserExplorer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi,

I have a project defined, ported from phpStorm. I copied the phpStorm files to a folder, say c:\Projects\PHP\MyPHPProject, and took the default of "*.*" for Included File Types.

When I create a new file, type PHP Script, and then save it, it doesn't default to the Project folder.
blUserExplorer

Re: Confused about project management. Any tutorials?

Postby Aivars » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:51 am

When you open/save a file, it will always default to the last folder that you previously saved to/opened from, regardless of whether you use a project or not. We might reconsider this strategy. Meanwhile, if you browse for assets (e.g., Insert Image -> Browse or CSS -> Style Sheet Link etc) it will default to project's root folder.
Using projects will give you other benefits (e.g. data for Auto-Complete if you've set Library Paths or quick switching to any file using Goto Anything feature in version 2016)
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Confused about project management. Any tutorials?

Postby blUserExplorer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 am

Aivars wrote:When you open/save a file, it will always default to the last folder that you previously saved to/opened from, regardless of whether you use a project or not. We might reconsider this strategy. Meanwhile, if you browse for assets (e.g., Insert Image -> Browse or CSS -> Style Sheet Link etc) it will default to project's root folder.
Using projects will give you other benefits (e.g. data for Auto-Complete if you've set Library Paths or quick switching to any file using Goto Anything feature in version 2016)

Ok understood, I'll work with that, thanks.
blUserExplorer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support