Lost all FTP Settings Update15-16

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Lost all FTP Settings Update15-16

Postby strichpunkt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:56 am

Hi
I just upgraded from 2015 to 2016. But now I lost all the FTP-Connections. Is there a way to export and import this settings.
I had over 100 connections. That really sucks.

As well I lost the toolbar-settings. I tried with "options>export setting" and import. But nothing happens.

Thanks for help
Martin
strichpunkt

Re: Lost all FTP Settings Update15-16

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:05 pm

2015 and 2016 share the FTP connections (if you installed for the same Windows user). If you installed 2016 for another user or either of them as portable version, and you still have 2015 installed, you can use menu Options -> Import Settings and Export Settings.
If however you uninstalled 2015 and selected "Yes" when it asked whether you want to delete all settings, then it's gone.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby strichpunkt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:40 pm

It's on the same computer with the same user. And I have still runing the 2015-Version.
But after the installation are the connections also in the 2015-Version deleted.
We have also on other computers of my business colleagues the same problem.
strichpunkt

Postby strichpunkt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 pm

We also canot import the settings from a 2015-system. After the import and restart, there are coming this pre-install-questions.
strichpunkt

Postby Abisem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Same here: I've done the usual "Export settings..." -> "Import settings..." but nothing seems to have been imported.
No FTP, no projects, no layout.

I still have both 2015 & 2016 versions installed in the same machine to the same user, and now opening the 2015 version it has lost all the previous settings I've exported few minutes ago...
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
Abisem

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 pm

strichpunkt wrote:We also canot import the settings from a 2015-system. After the import and restart, there are coming this pre-install-questions.

Go through the wizard (pre-install-questions) and see if your settings are imported.

Note that importing/exporting settings does NOT import layout. It will have to be customized again.
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:35 pm

We just found out that in some cases the settings import does not work but your exported settings should be ok (do not lose them!). We will fix this asap.
Aivars

Postby Karlis » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:09 pm

This is a confirmed issue now. In some cases settings from 2015 can not be imported to 2016, we are working on a fix and as long as you have your initial exported settings file, you will be able to import them in the updated version when it comes out. Just make sure you do not loose the initial file that you exported from 2015 when settings were ok.

I can not provide you with an estimate now, but we are working on this now. We should fix this soon.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Abisem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Do you know how is it possible to restore my previous settings on 2015 version? I tried even with an old export from August 2015 but it doesn't import anything...
Where are the imported setting stored, so I can rollback to a backup version?

Thanks
Abisem

Postby Karlis » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:12 pm

We have just fixed the issue. To get back on the road:

1) Download and install latest version, make sure it is v 14.0.0.179 in About box.
2) Locate the exported settings file that was produced BEFORE settings were wiped (settings export files produced after settings were already wiped will give no good results as they are empty).
3) Proceed with usual settings import process.
4) You should regain all settings except layouts of toolbars and side windows.

NOTE: Toolbar and sidebar layouts are not transferable from 2015 to 2016 (they will be most likely transferable in the future between next major releases, but not this time)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:12 pm

Just hold on to the file that you created via Export Settings feature. The fixed version will be available in minutes now and you will be able to import your settings from that file.
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Aivars wrote:Just hold on to the file that you created via Export Settings feature. The fixed version will be available in minutes now and you will be able to import your settings from that file.

The fixed version is available, see viewtopic.php?p=23988#p23988
Aivars

Postby Karlis » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Abisem wrote:Do you know how is it possible to restore my previous settings on 2015 version? I tried even with an old export from August 2015 but it doesn't import anything...
Where are the imported setting stored, so I can rollback to a backup version?
Thanks

Unfortunately this bug was also in version 2015 and on some computers, under some circumstances import is not possible. As long as you use 2016 v14.0.0.179 or later, the issue should be gone for good. While the import WAS TESTED and WORKED on 2015, due to some changes in Windows and and extra set of circumstances the import on version 2015 broke by itself for some users.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Abisem » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Ok, I can confirm you that with the updated version the FTP and Projects have been restored from the exported file.
Extremely fast solution, nice work guys.
Abisem

Postby strichpunkt » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 am

Thanks a lot. It worked for me.
strichpunkt

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support