Position of "open file" tabs in 2016

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Position of "open file" tabs in 2016

Postby DaveMorton » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:44 pm

I just upgraded my Rapid PHP from 2015 to 2016 on my windows 10 Pro machine, and for the most part, I'm in love with the changes and features. However, there's one small problem that I have yet to overcome. If you have multiple files open, the tabs that represent those open files are arrayed across the top of the workspace, and this is not desired. Now I already know that layouts aren't updated with the program version, but I was able to get most of my layout back, and fairly easily. However, I can't seem to move the position of those file tabs to the bottom of the workspace. Is there a way to do this? Or am I more or less "stuck" with where they are?

By the way, The new support for multiple monitors is a godsend! I'm still exploring the other new features, but so far, I really like what I'm seeing!
DaveMorton

Re: Position of "open file" tabs in 2016

Postby winne27 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:29 am

I also used in 2015 file tabs at bottom and I am wonder how this is possible in 2016.
winne27

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:46 am

Right now putting tabs at the bottom is not possible. That was one of the tradeoffs we had to make to get a better multi-monitor and docking support. I don't know if this is technically feasible at all (we haven't looked at it in depth) but if having tabs at the top is a huge problem, we will see if it is possible at all to make bottom tabs optional. Maybe it's not entirely impossible to get used to having tabs at the top?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby DaveMorton » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:16 pm

I wouldn't call it a "huge" problem, and it's something that I can get used to. Additionally, if it's a trade-off between tabs at the bottom and improved multi-monitor support, I'll take the multi-monitor support in a hot second. Sure, tabs at the bottom is nice, but it won't kill me not to have it. That said, however, perhaps I should turn this into a feature request...? :D
DaveMorton

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm gonna drop into this, as I experience a strange issue with the update of RapidPHP 2015 -> 2016 14.0.0.179 right now.
I don't know what's with the "multi-monitor" support, as I used RapidPHP 2015 always on two monitors, but with the new version, floating windows are not saved (anymore). After the upgrade, I re-arranged the layout like in the old version and saved this layout.
Closing RapidPHP and then re-open it, all floating windows are gone and can't be brought back (not event with the saved layout) except when switching to an layout, where the previously floating windows are docked to the main window.
This is obviously really a very big issue and I can't belive this wasn't noticed befor the release.

Any suggestions?
Hans Meiser

Postby DaveMorton » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:45 pm

[tongue-in-cheek]Thread hijacking, much? :P[/tongue-in-cheek]

I just checked this out, and while it's true that upon reopening Rapid PHP all "floating" windows return as docked, I don't "lose" any windows that were opened. This is only a minor inconvenience to me, but I can see where it would be a problem to others.
DaveMorton

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:07 pm

DaveMorton wrote:[tongue-in-cheek]Thread hijacking, much? :P[/tongue-in-cheek]

Yeah, sorry for this but I'm a bit upset because of this. ;)

DaveMorton wrote:I just checked this out, and while it's true that upon reopening Rapid PHP all "floating" windows return as docked, I don't "lose" any windows that were opened. This is only a minor inconvenience to me, but I can see where it would be a problem to others.

Here, there are no floating windows "docked" after re-opening. That wouldn't be as bad, but still. No, here, they are simply gone and that's really an issue. :(
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:38 am

I'll turn bottom tabs into a feature request, no problems. I took a deeper look and seems like implementing it would be very difficult but if a lot of people want bottom tabs, we're gonna have to try.

We are aware about the floating tool windows disappearing, this issue is fixed and will be released very soon. I'm not sure why this issue wasn't caught in beta but oh well :) Right now you can get your tool windows back by setting layout to "All but kitchen sink", for an example.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks, I really want to use the new version. Hope it will be ereleased "immediately". :)
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 am

The plan is to release it in next 2-10 hours.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:05 am

Great, looking forward to it. :)
Hans Meiser

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support