[RESOLVED] Dbl-clicking variable results in strange behavior

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

[RESOLVED] Dbl-clicking variable results in strange behavior

Postby DaveMorton » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:45 am

Ever since the most recent version of Rapid PHP 2016 (build 183), I've noticed some strange, intermittent behavior when I try to select a variable when double-clicking on it. I've created a video that demonstrates this issue, below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCsLbwdP4I
DaveMorton

Re: Double-clicking a variable results in strange behavior

Postby pmk65 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:56 am

I can confirm that, as I have experienced the same problem.
At first I thought it was because of the code I was writing was in "Bastard JavaScript" (Webuilder plugin jScript), but it also happens on normal JavaScript files. (For me, the bug only appears when editing JavaScript files)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:32 am

Indeed, something isn't right there. We'll try to fix this.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:44 am

Does it simply starts happening for you as soon as you open WeBuilder and start doubleclicking or do you have to do something before for this issue to start? I'm currently trying to reproduce it but so far no luck.
Aivars

Postby DaveMorton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:48 am

That's hard to say, as I often leave Rapid PHP open all of the time. I'll close it and do some testing, and will report back shortly. I'm currently in the middle of a 3D render for another project, so it may take me a half hour or so to get to this.
DaveMorton

Postby DaveMorton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:00 pm

Ok, I've taken the time to first save a list of open files (so I can continue working on things when I'm done testing), closed all open files, then closed Rapid PHP. I then reopened it, and created a new JavaScript source file. I inserted a generic jquery function call, and inserted the line "var foo = 'bar!';". Double-clicking on foo selected the space before the variable, the variable itself, the = sign, and both spaces surrounding it. Double-clicking on just var only selected the letter a within it. And lastly, double-clicking the value (bar!) selected not only bar, but the exclamation point as well. Literally no other actions were taken other than what I've described, so I'd have to say that the issue begins when Rapid PHP is opened.
DaveMorton

Postby Aivars » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:06 pm

I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next update.
Aivars

Postby DaveMorton » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Great! Thanks to you and the team, Aivars. I'm very satisfied with not only Rapid PHP, but with the level and quality of the support you folks offer. Many kudos! :D
DaveMorton

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:20 pm

The issue has been fixed in the newest build.
Aivars

Postby DaveMorton » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:31 am

Thanks, Aivars. It's working perfectly. Again, kudos for the fast response. [thumbs-up]
DaveMorton

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support