Rapid CSS 2015 crashes

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Rapid CSS 2015 crashes

Postby jazzbuilder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi,

very often the Program crashes if I use copy,cut or paste with Keyboard Shortcuts Strg+C,V or X. Doesn't matter it is a little line or entired css file.

Windows 7
Rapid CSS 13.5.0.169

Regards
jazzbuilder

Re: Rapid CSS 2015 crashes

Postby Aivars » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:03 am

Does this also happen in 2016 edition?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby jazzbuilder » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:00 pm

I have only 2015 installed! Its a chargeable Update I think?
jazzbuilder

Postby Aivars » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:40 pm

There is one thing that you can try: go to menu Edit -> Extended Clipboard and click "Disable clipboard monitoring".

The upgrade is not free, but we are not updating 2015 anymore. Sorry about that. Because 2015 crashes for you, we can give you a discount for the upgrade. Please PM me if you're interested or send a message to the support. Just try out 2016 first to see if the problem is gone, because this problem might as well be due to another application not treating Windows clipboard correctly.
Aivars

Postby jazzbuilder » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:14 pm

I will try your suggestion and see what happens.
jazzbuilder

Postby jazzbuilder » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Today Rapid CSS 2016 crashed as well as RP 2015. I disabled clipboard monitoring and will see what happens.
jazzbuilder

Postby Aivars » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:16 am

Since clipboard is shared among all Windows applications, it will take only one application that uses it incorrectly to potentially crash any other application that might be using the clipboard. If disabling the clipboard monitoring doesn't help, see if you have any other application that might be doing something non-standard with the clipboard, try closing them and see if the problem persists. It can include malware (they tend to attach themselves to clipboard for stealing its contents) so scan your computer, you can never be too safe.
Aivars

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support