Workflow Question on Rapid PHP

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Workflow Question on Rapid PHP

Postby c13303 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi ! Coming from PHPStorm and fed up with its weight, I'm about to buy Rapid PHP, I really like it but I got a couple of questions before ...

- I've set up some excluded folders in my projects, but they still show up ready for upload when I press "publish project on FTP". It would delete my serveur config if I dont untick all the files ... Can't find how to exclude files and folders for upload. Am I missing something ?

- We can upload a file with a right click > upload, that's fine. But is there a keyboard shortcut for this ? Or even better : an "automatic upload on save" option ? (Can't find it ..)

- There's no such option to upload folders (either it's the basic explorer and folders don't show in the file window). So how are we supposed to upload just a folder ? Use the "publish project on FTP" also requires you to tick file by file !

So I feel like I may miss something ! Because I don't feel "rapid" with this issues ;-)

Thanks for enlighting my ignorance

Best, Charles
c13303

Re: Workflow Question on Rapid PHP

Postby Aivars » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:46 pm

1) I think you might be missing something indeed, because I just did it for test - excluded some folder from my project, pressed Publish project to FTP and the excluded folder didn't show up.

2) Next to the Save command, there is Save and Upload File to FTP command. It does exactly what you need. You can assign any shortcut key to it using menu Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts

3) For now, to upload a folder you can drag & drop the folder from Windows Explorer to FTP browser. We are planning to address this and make a command to pick a folder without using drag & drop.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Workflow Question on Rapid PHP

Postby c13303 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:52 pm

thanks for this Super quick reply ! Makes some more points for rapid php ^^
c13303

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support