Problem with Format CSS in WeBuilder 2016

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Problem with Format CSS in WeBuilder 2016

Postby mjucker » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:03 pm

I have two @import- statements for webfonts at the top of my css-file, which I need to disable when working locally.
(It takes ages for WeBuilder to import this external information - the browsers have no problems with this)

"Format CSS-Code…" removes these 2 commented lines, even if "Remove comments" isn't enabled.
Later comments are handled correctly.

(WeBuilder 14.2.0.186)
mjucker

Re: Problem with Format CSS in WeBuilder 2016

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:37 pm

Thanks for the info.

From the info you provided I can't tell if this is the correct problem, but if you use //..url.. (starting with double slash) and use Internet Explorer for preview (instead of Chrome), and you use files for preview instead of local webserver - Internet Explorer is dumb enough to try to resolve //url to a network drive that doesn't exist and this is what takes ages. So to fix it eliminate the circumstances - either use Chrome instead of IE for preview or get rid of // or use local webserver and configure mappings (menu Tools -> Options -> Preferences -> Preview -> Mappings) to map the file you're previewing to local webserver address.

Nonetheless, I'll file the CSS formatter bug for fixing, thank you for reporting.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby mjucker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Just tested Version 14.3.0.187 - this bug is still there :-(
mjucker

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am

We are planning to change CSS formater completely (replace it with one of the open-source solutions) because the current one is very difficult to debug & fix. Unfortunately we can't do it during the minor updates because it's too big of a change, so the plan is to do it for the next major version.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support