WeBuilder 2016 14.0: All projects gone after crash

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder 2016 14.0: All projects gone after crash

Postby voskat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:57 am

My hard disk had filled up in the background as I was working, causing WeBuilder to crash.
Fine, that happens.

But when I restarted WeBuilder, it had reverted to the default layout and all my project definitions were gone.
The layout thing was easily fixed, but the project definitions... not so much. Is there any way I can recover them? :(

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, btw.

edit: I did a little digging around in the AppData and I noticed "projects.ini" is now completely empty (0 bytes). The other files in the "settings" folder seem ok.
voskat

Re: WeBuilder 2016 14.0: All projects gone after crash

Postby Aivars » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:32 pm

You looked in the right place. If you have a backup of projects.ini (or if you ever exported WeBuilder settings and have backup of that, on some USB drive maybe?) then you can restore it. Otherwise you will need to use New Project or Open Folder to get the projects that you need back.
I just hope it's the only file that got corrupted.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support