Mapping difficulties

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Mapping difficulties

Postby esm » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:56 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to the rapid php software.

I have XAMPP installed and I am trying to map to the apache/htdocs folder that is part of XAMPP. I go through the mapping procedure but when I click on "Preview", I get an error message "The software is not yet configured for previewing PHP files". What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,

esm
esm

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Your web files that you are trying to preview myst be saved in the XAMPP document root (or a subfolder).

I have not had any experiences with XAMPP, but if you use plain apache, the document root is usually c:\apache\htdocs\ so you have to map that to http://localhost/

I am not sure, probably XAMPP does not use the defaults and you need to look in their reference to find out which is the document root folder.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby esm » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:40 pm

Karlis,

Thanks for the response.

I did exactly what you have described, the files I want to preview are in the apache/htdocs folder and I noticed that the file type has changed to Rapidphp.document. Still, I get the error message.

esm
esm

Postby Karlis » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:31 pm

Probably this may help:

From default XAMPP config file:

Local path should be:
C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\

URL should be:
http://localhost/

I observed that xampp uses very weird and non-standard directory / php configuration, so it could be the cause of the problm. Anyway, here is a way to test things:

1) save your index.php file to C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\
2) Go to web browser (not the editor) and type http://localhost/index.php

If it works just fine then we can continue searching for the problem, otherwise the xampp does not work correctly.

If you get error message like this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 10
It means that there is an error in the PHP file, index.php file is found and can be displayed but its syntax is not correct.

I am not usre about the XAMPS problem, but many of as are using various web servers with no problems at all.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby esm » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:39 pm

Thanks, I'll try that.

esm
esm

Postby Elygen » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:15 am

I use XAMPP and i have no problems. Here are my settings
Preferences->Mappings
Local or FTP Path - C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\xampp\
Web Server Path - http://localhost/xampp/

Im sure your paths may be different. I had a problem at first but i was missing the last / in the webs server path.

Let me know if you have more problems.
Elygen

Postby Karlis » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:06 pm

Elygen, thanks for helping out here :wink:
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support