Buiding a Custom Menu

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Buiding a Custom Menu

Postby syrupcore » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:00 am

I must just be missing something. I've added a new menu (it says 'new menu' to the right of the help menu). In the customize box, it says right-click on it to add a caption and content but when I right click on it all I see is the regular toolbars show/hide menu.

Am I just missing something?

Thanks,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:04 am

looks like I was just missing something (like normal).

You have to drag the items from that box up to your menu. Maybe the text below it could say that or am I the only thickhead?

I still wonder about the 'caption' part. Does that mean I can rename the menu instead of leaving it 'new menu'? I hope so.

Karlis, anyway to make that customize box larger or stretchable? It takes quite a bit of scrolling as there are so many options. no big deal at all but it would be nice if it were easier to see more at once. I'm sure this will be at the top of your Todo list! ;) Ok, I'll take the bottom of the list if it even deserves to be on there.

Thanks,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:10 am

I still wonder about the 'caption' part. Does that mean I can rename the menu instead of leaving it 'new menu'? I hope so.

yes. I geddit. while the customize box is still open, right click on the menu name and you can change it (or any other menu name - or item name) there. really neat stuff karlis. Now watch, I'll change everything and then have a problem and some one will say 'in the file menu, click on save...' and I'll be like 'WHAT file menu! I dont see one!"

Thickheaded I tell you.

I'll just hang out here all night embarassingly answering my own questions.

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:47 pm

:D I am glad you are enjoying this feature. By the way we use third party stuff to make this work.

And another by the way - Microsoft Office menus and toolbars work the same way! So you can do this with MS Word as well.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support