file modified indicator buggy....

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

file modified indicator buggy....

Postby Riz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:49 am

I have just tried the latest demo of web builder 6.3.0.57, and first off great job Karlis! It may end up being my code editor of choice, however there is one bug I find which I consider quite misleading.

When you have modified a file (even without saving it) and then keep undoing changes up till its original state, the file is still marked as modified!
Riz

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:49 pm

Well, it has been modified though, hasn't it! ;)
I know what you mean though, but its only a mild niggle.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:33 pm

Well, the modified flag is set as soon as you modify the file. Even if you undo, there are still modificatons in the buffer that you can redo. On the other hand, most of other editors do not set modified flag at this occasion.

I do not know whether this is so very important, because it causes no data loss and no real problems of operation, so I would not call it even a bug, but a missing feature.

Now I can add this to wishlish and it can be implemented (not earlier than 2006), but would not like to give it a priority because there are a few hundreds of more important items such as UTF-8 support and FTP improvements are currently in queue.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

modified file indicator for 6.3.0.58 WeB2005?

Postby xen2001 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:46 am

Hello,
I have been using this great tool for past two days+nights. :P
I am not sure, if I missed something, but I would like to see an indicator (like '*' suffix of filename) in the window's top border (where the file name is shown) *if* the file was modified since the last save.
Any input on this, please?
Also, is there a way to re-load automaticaly external changes?
I am not sure if you've seen syn editor (http://syn/sourceforge.net), but this editor behaves the way as I described it here.
I hope I do not sound too nitpicking?

Thank you for your time and energy.
Karlis, this is a great work! Kudos.

--Roger
xen2001

Postby Karlis » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:41 am

Currently the modified asterisk is shown for every file in the taskbar (document tabs). Maybe in the future it will also be displayed in the title bar, however this is curently not possible.

When the file is changed by another program, you can configure the editor to prompt, reload or do nothing under Options -> Preferences -> Files.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support