RapidPHP - Drag Drop JS/CSS to form Script/Link code

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RapidPHP - Drag Drop JS/CSS to form Script/Link code

Postby ruturaaj » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 am

Hello,

I'm planning to switch from NetBeans PHP Editor to RapidPHP. I liked the agile performance of RapidPHP with several features making it a better choice over NetBeans PHP IDE. One feature that I enjoyed a lot in NetBeans looks like missing in RapidPHP, or at least I don't know how to do it then.

In NetBeans, if you drag a JS or CSS file from Project File Explorer into Editor window, NetBeans automatically writes the Script/Link code with relative file path to the file dragged over Editor. This saves time and also typos in file paths. I checked RapidPHP offers "choose file" in src or href and then opens the window to select the file. Although this is useful and saves from typo mistakes in file paths, it will be still best if RapidPHP offers drag-drop support similar to NetBeans. I'd have taken the choose file feature over drag and drop if it allowed me to select multiple files and then write the Script/Link code for all those files with proper relative paths for each file. However, I don't see that feature in RapidPHP either.

Is either of these features available in RapidPHP? If so, please tell me how to use it.

Waiting for your replies ...

Cheers,

Ruturaaj.
ruturaaj

Re: RapidPHP - Drag Drop JS/CSS to form Script/Link code

Postby pmk65 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm

That would clash with the current drag/drop functionality where the editor opens the document dropped into the editor frame.
I guess it could be solved with a config option that sets the action of dropped files.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby ruturaaj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Where is that option? I checked all the pages of "Preferences" dialog but didn't find any Drag-Drop Files related option or setting over there. Can you please guide me through to find out the option you're mentioning.
ruturaaj

Postby ruturaaj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Where is that option? I checked all the pages of "Preferences" dialog but didn't find any Drag-Drop Files related option or setting over there. Can you please guide me through to find out the option you're mentioning.
ruturaaj

Postby pmk65 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:25 am

pmk65 wrote:That would clash with the current drag/drop functionality where the editor opens the document dropped into the editor frame.

I didn't say that such an option exists.
It was just a suggestion on how it could be implemented.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Postby ruturaaj » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 pm

pmk65 wrote:
pmk65 wrote:That would clash with the current drag/drop functionality where the editor opens the document dropped into the editor frame.

I didn't say that such an option exists.
It was just a suggestion on how it could be implemented.

Oh, ok. Thanks. So I think I should put it in Feature Request.
ruturaaj

Postby pmk65 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:26 pm

You could create a docking panel plugin with a dropzone. Then when you drop files on the dropzone it could insert a script or style tag.
One of my old plugins Image2CSS adds a dropzone for uploading. You could use that as base for creating a new plugin.
pmk65

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support