WeBuilder 2018 - Flat Dark Theme has some minor issues

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder 2018 - Flat Dark Theme has some minor issues

Postby Multicoder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:17 am

Hey there,

I really like the new Flat Dark Theme of WeBuilder 2018 (v. 15.0.0.199) but it is missing some padding around the edges of the screen when the window is maximized.
This seems to be the case only with the Dark Flat Theme. The others have a few more pixels padding and are okay.
Here are two Screenshots of the the Flat Dark Theme and and the Flat Blue Theme. The missing padding can good be seen at the left hand side near the folder icons of the file explorer, the message tab ("Meldungen") at the bottom left and the lens icon in the search bar of the code-explorer on the right hand side.

Flat Dark: https://i.imgur.com/m6ZyShi.png
Flat Blue: https://i.imgur.com/aYJdJMh.png

Also, when I change from or to the Flat Dark Theme it takes up to a whole minute when I have some large files (about 20k lines) open and changing TO the Flat Dark Theme changes my color scheme of the editor (changing the color scheme also takes up to a whole minute with the same files opened).

These are really just minor issues but I thought I report them anyway :)
I really like this new Version of WeBuilder :) Keep up the great work :D

~ Daniel
Multicoder

Re: WeBuilder 2018 - Flat Dark Theme has some minor issues

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 am

I don't think we can do anything about the speed (except maybe force-close the documents, but that causes other issues). I'll write down the padding issue and if it can be fixed then we'll fix it. Thanks for reporting all this!
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Multicoder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:43 am

Oh, I just found another issue (at least for me it is not so minor) when using the Flat Dark Theme: when I close WeBuilder and open it up again, the color scheme of the editor is also reset.
It could get really annoying when I have to set my color scheme every time I start WeBuilder.
Multicoder

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:18 am

That one I can't reproduce. Could you make a video so that I can try to do step-by-step the same as you to reproduce the issue?
Aivars

Postby Multicoder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:40 am

Sure.
For the demonstration I did choose the Atelier Dune color scheme instead of my own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJ01JN84-k

It's basically just this: open a color scheme, click OK and then restart the editor.

//EDIT: I skipped the color scheme choosing in the first video, so here is a complete one with another color scheme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyYD3ymjF_8
Multicoder

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:03 pm

I still can't reproduce this, I even tried setting language to German. Is it possible for you to uninstall and delete all the settings when uninstall asks you about it, then reinstall and see if the problem persists? That is provided that it is practical for you to lose all the FTP connections, projects etc.

If not, check what you have in registry in this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Karlis Blumentals\WeBuilder\7.0\ParsersDark and check if the values change after you change the color scheme and close the editor. Then please contact support here https://www.webuilderapp.com/support-contact.php and let's try to work out why that happens on your computer.
Aivars

Postby Multicoder » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:15 pm

It looks like there is a color scheme attached to the Flat Dark Theme and also the IDE reloads completely when I change from or to the Flat Dark Theme.
Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNVGuaxIWAU

Oh, I completely forgot to mention, that I run WeBuilder with the portable configuration (for USB-Drives), so this registry key doesn't exist. Sorry about that :(
Multicoder

Postby Aivars » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:33 pm

IDE reloading is by design, that's just how the theming works.

Maybe portable configuration indeed is what causes the issue, thanks, I'll test it later with that. I noticed from your video that the general elements (gutter color, line highlight color) are saved fine, but the parser colors are not.
Aivars

Postby Multicoder » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:49 am

I just checked on my other machine (Surface Pro 4) and it (the portable configuration) really seems to be the cause of the issue. :)
Multicoder

Postby Aivars » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 am

You can download update to build 200 where issue with saving colors for portable configuration is fixed.
Aivars

Postby Multicoder » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Awesome! Thank you! :D
Multicoder

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support