Library *no update there?*

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Library *no update there?*

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Updated to the new v15 and have to find, that the library still not support drag'n'drop behaviour. We still have to go into "Edit Library" and painfully still have to click button to move snippets around ...
I can't imagine why this 2001 setting is still there. In almost every program, everything can be drag'n'droped ... in RapidPHP 2018 you still click buttons for hours to move something ...
How about a change for the next update? :roll:
Hans Meiser

Re: Library *no update there?*

Postby Aivars » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:37 pm

I'll see what can be done about this. Fun fact - there was not a single request regarding Library drag & drop right before & during Beta, but now suddenly several people at once are requesting this.
I don't like one thing regarding this - if someone meant to drag & drop snippet to editor but his mouse slips then he might accidentally move the item to another branch. But I guess it's not that bad, since the item can always be moved back.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Library *no update there?*

Postby Hans Meiser » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Well, actually for me personally it had annoyed me right from the beginning. But I thought it would be fixed sooner or later.
On the other hand, it should be obvious that programmers tend to collect more then just a few snippets for their work. So a drag'n'drop behaviour should have been a no-brainer. :wink:
Anyway, I really like to see this feature. Maybe then the option "Edit Library" could be dropped.

Regarding your example: See how people use something ... :lol:
I never knew, that the snippets can be dragged into the editor ... I always double click them. Seems more logically to me. :wink:
But now I have another idea regarding this: _Create_ a snippet by selecting the code and drag the selection into the library, where it asks for a name and then gets saved. Further edits on it can be done as usual. :D
What do you think?
Hans Meiser

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support