FTP Sync, improvements on upgrade (using 12.3.0.152 now)?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

FTP Sync, improvements on upgrade (using 12.3.0.152 now)?

Postby cdsaenz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi I've been using rapidPHP for years and loving it. So much that I had to switch to other tools for other kind of programming and missing it.
But I keep using it for PHP because it's very efficient for me. Out of a job now and with no solid project insight I must consider my expense carefully so wondering if the new versions will improve on this.

I'm talking about FTP syncing/remote files access. I use in this version the FTP tab and I open my FTP hosting, but each time I open the app, I gotta do the same, open each file i'm using all over again (using codeigniter so basically controllers and models, and some views).

I tried to save this to a project but it doesn't seem to work (though the app suggests FTP::csdev as a folder, it won't take it as valid to save the project). Is it solved in the newer versions? (I know mine is quite old)
I see there are improvements but I'm not sure which. Thanks a lot.

cdsaenz

Re: FTP Sync, improvements on upgrade (using 12.3.0.152 now)

Postby Aivars » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 am

The idea is that you have a copy of your project locally, where you do all the editing, preview the website locally while working on it. Ideally you have it all in version control. Once you have finished the changes and are happy with how they work, you press Publish to upload the changes to FTP.

To set up this workflow:
1) Make sure that you have the project both locally and on FTP
2) Create the project. In Project Properties, specify local folder in General -> Root Folder. Specify remote FTP folder in Publishing Settings -> FTP Directory.
3) Whenever you want to publish your changes, you have many options:
3.1) menu Project -> Publish project to FTP
3.2) Project -> Publish All Open Files to FTP
3.3) toolbar button Save and upload file to FTP
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support