Windows oprn maximized. Is this a bug?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Postby Jerrry » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:09 pm

Please forgive me if this isn't the appropriate place for this post. The ability to hit 'view source' and have it displayed internally is very nice, but it seems to share a fault with other windows that one opens.

The problem is that all windows seem to open 'maximized'. This would be fine if that were the current mode. But if one is using a 'non-maximized' mode (resize), new windows should open in that mode too, it seems. Perhaps what it is doing is consistant with the MDI, but I find it irritating. That's unfortunate, because RapidPHP is the first program of its type which gets just about everything right.

Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Jerrry

Postby Karlis » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:15 pm

Currently all new windows are maximized automatically, this is what most users would prefer. I am not sure how many would like to have an option not to maximize windows on creating new document.

You can cast your votes by replying to this topic. I'll come back later to check the results...
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Jerrry » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:44 pm

Since most Windows programs I use open new windows at a smaller size than max when using the 'Restore Down' mode; i.e. all windows are resizeable - I would like to see this standardized as such. Many, though not all, open new windows at the same size as the previous focus, but slightly offset. Some even remember their position when the program is closed for the next session.

I vote to add this.

Thanks!
Jerry
Jerrry

Postby kfury77 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:16 am

maximized automatically works great for me every time...
kfury77

Postby ScotDiddle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:09 pm

Hello Karlis,

I sometimes need the window to maximize, somtimes not... My vote is to make this user-selectable under Options and / or ( preferably AND ) a button on the tool-bar.

Thanks,

Scot L. Diddle, Richmond VA
...No Digital... None of the Time...
ScotDiddle

Postby Elygen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:59 am

I prefer the windows NOT maximized, but i also think that it being an option is an excellent idea.
Elygen

Postby flz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:52 am

I don't think an extra option is needed. I am with the topic starter here: If the windows already open are maximized (that's what i always use), new windows should also be maximized, if existing windows are resizable then new windows could also start in resizable mode.
flz

Postby syrupcore » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:02 am

This is an old thread but I'm with flz.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:43 pm

Well in most other "cool' editors, you even do not have windows at all.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby phper » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:53 am

Oops.. i posted a question about this in the feature request forum before I saw this..

I also think that new windows should open in the same mode that current windows are in (or the last known mode). No need for an option.

I don't even mind that it's always maximized the first time when you first run the program, so long as I don't have to keep changing the mode everytime I open a file.
phper

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support