Snippet Question

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Snippet Question

Postby elwood » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:09 pm

I am trying to set up some snippets, but one thing is causing me a problem. I would like to highlight some text and then be able to include that text in the snippet I am trying to insert. For instance, if I have

someone@somewhere.com

in the text, I would like to highlight it, click on the snippet's name and have it end up as

<a href="mailto:someone@somewhere.com">someone@somewhere.com</a>

Is there a way to do that using the Code Library?

Elwood
elwood

Postby Karlis » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:03 pm

Currently this is not possible. Although I have never ever seen this in any other system, it is an interesting new idea and definitely worth thinking of. So it will be reviewed for inclusion in version 2006.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mwb1100 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:00 pm

Karlis wrote:Currently this is not possible. Although I have never ever seen this in any other system, it is an interesting new idea and definitely worth thinking of. So it will be reviewed for inclusion in version 2006.

I have seen editors where snippets could have the location where the cursor ends up after the snippet is inserted specified and snippets that could take parameters that are prompted for when the snippet is added (this type of snippet is getting to be something more like a macro).

These features would be worthy of thought as well - if you can specify parameters, then something highlighted when the snippet is inserted can be assumed to be parameter #1 or something,
mwb1100

Postby Karlis » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:44 pm

Parameters are already supported. See replacement tokens in help.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support