HTMLPad: How to prevet to type " " instead of space?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

HTMLPad: How to prevet to type " " instead of space?

Postby Martin Lemke » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:02 pm

I'm using the eavaluation version of HTMLPad, It ist good software, but ...

Is it possible to switch off this behavior?

Typing a sql string spaces are filled with ' ' instead of spaces: $sql="SELECT * FROM  ..."; this makes me crazy! I did not type this, but: $sql="SELECT * FROM ...";

What I want to get is what I have typed, not what the program believs it might be better.

Best wishes

Martin
Current version (evaluation, no lisence): 15.4.0.206
Martin Lemke

Re: HTMLPad: How to prevet to type " " instead of space

Postby Martin Lemke » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:24 pm

RESOLVED!

I have found the solution in the FAQ: https://www.htmlpad.net/de/support-answer.php?tid=102.

While typing something using the shift button, it seems occur. While typing the shift key and the space key, the program translates it to   I think, I'm typing to slow.

I think, ctrl+space would be a better combination. Is it possible to change this?

Thanks for your support!

Martiin
Current version (evaluation, no lisence): 15.4.0.206
Martin Lemke

Re: HTMLPad: How to prevet to type " " instead of space

Postby Aivars » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:40 pm

To change the assigned shortcut key, go to menu Options -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Look for "Space" command. From there you can remove or change the shortcut key.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support