CSS HTML-Validator 2019 not found

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

CSS HTML-Validator 2019 not found

Postby mjucker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 am

I am using WB 15.4.0.206 on Win 10 1803.

The latest version of CSS HTML-Validator 2019 installed itself as usual in a new folder, this time in c:\program files\…; the previous version remained unchanged in c:\program files (x86)\…
When I clicked on "Tools>CSS HTML Validator…", it opened the old version; after uninstalling this version, I get the message that it can't find it, if I would like to get it now!
I can't find a place to change this path - can you help me?
Thanks
mjucker

Re: CSS HTML-Validator 2019 not found

Postby Karlis » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

The detection happens by dll files installed in your system, there is no path to it.

Can you, please try to reinstall the new CSS HTML Validator, then restart and see if it works. It would be best to try to install it in the folder where it was originally installed when integration worked.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mjucker » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:25 am

Even installing it in exaxtly the same directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\HTMLValidator180) – which would be a bit strange for HTMLValidator190 - didn't help; I even got two error-messages after starting HTML-Validator ("error with scheme" and "can't load scheme") - which could possibly get corrected, but as WB still couldn't find the validator, I returned to "program files\htmlvalidator190" – without error-messages after starting it.
mjucker

Postby Karlis » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:23 pm

We did some testing and it turns out I missed the obvious. For some reason the developer of CSS HTML Validator has decided to move to 64-bit architecture (no benefits to users at all for such decision as these types of apps do not require > 2Gb memory access, so there is no gain switching to 64-bit architecture, just downsides - compatibility problems, software does not run on 32-bit systems etc.)

What this means? Our code editor is 32-bit software and will not be able to connect to CSS HTML Validator 2019, it will still work fine with version 2018.

Currently we do not have any plans to move to 64-bit architecture, because a) there is no performance benefit, b) we would have to maintain two builds as we do not want to drop support for people using 32-bit systems, c) for us it would be quite difficult and expensive to do this. This may change, but at this moment you can stick to Validator 2018 or use Validator 2019 as an external tool.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Karlis » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:30 pm

I have kindly requested the developer of CSS HTML Validator to provide integration mechanism / DLL file for use cases such as ours and we are awaiting a reply.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mjucker » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Thanks for your efforts – at least it works as external tool.
mjucker

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Albert from AI Internet Solutions LLC has been extremely helpful.

Soon a 32-bit DLL will be included in version 2019, so you should be able to use the integration as usually. I just got a test version and it worked.

Apparently there are some deeply technical reasons for CSS HTML Validator to be 64-bit now, however with this upcoming update kindly delivered by Albert, the integration should be functional again.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby mjucker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:57 pm

The new version is out – and works as it should!

Thank you
mjucker

Postby swapna31 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Thank you for the information ..!!
swapna31

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support