Freezes/Crashes

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Freezes/Crashes

Postby Michaeldee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 pm

I am a long time big fan of WeBuilder. I've been using it exclusively for years now. However, I installed the latest version at work today, and I'm having quite a few deal-breaking issues. I'm using WeBuilder2018 on a Windows10 PC.

- The program freezes for about 1/2 second every three seconds or so. The cursor doesn't move. The mouse pointer turns to the spinning "wait" circle. This only happens for about half a second, but it happens so often that I can't get any work done. I have tried disabling auto-completion, auto-replace, syntax checking, the test server, everything I could think of that WeBuilder might be doing in the background. No luck.

- The program freezes/crashes. A lot. About 1000% more than the previous version. I have not been able to determine what triggers a crash, it seems to be at random times. I know that's not a lot of information. I installed WeBuilder to help me with a time-critical task at work, and it has been slowing me down too much to try to troubleshoot this.

I use an older version at home, and I intend to continue. But I cannot use the new version here at work. Can someone help me with these issues, or maybe point me to a place where I can download an older version?

Thanks in advance.
Michaeldee

Re: Freezes/Crashes

Postby Aivars » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Please try following things:
- to test if the random crashes could be connected to file system/shell extensions etc, please try to disable File Explorer and restart WeBuilder.
- to test what might be causing other kind of freezes, run WeBuilder with -checkfreezes command line option. When it freezes, if you have some time, give it 60 seconds and the Crash dialog will pop up. From there, save the bugreport and send it to me or the support.
I'm very curious myself what could be causing these, so hopefully you manage to save that bug report.

For the older version use this form https://www.webuilderapp.com/support-recovery.php or contact support here: https://www.webuilderapp.com/support-contact.php with your info.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support