Can Not see Any php in preview

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Can Not see Any php in preview

Postby alphacomputers » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:55 am

First of all I am new to php.

I have installed Rapid PHP 2005 onto my system, I have installed Appache Server 2 and have installed PHP 5. I can not any php preview in Rapid PHP, type in notmal text or html it works fine, just no php.

This is if I leave the preview mapping to Rapid PHP, if I do localhost as the mapping I get page connot be displayed. I have used Hotmetal Pro for years and found this a great webbuilder (along with knowledge) I do believe that Rapid PHP is going to work great (which I will purchased but am just using trail at the moment) It is my lack of knowlwdge on php that is letting me down and making a good program hard to uderstand. Where am I going wrong with the preview??
alphacomputers

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:25 pm

To be able to preview PHP via your local web server, please follow these steps:

1) Find out what is your local web server document root folder. This folder contains web page files available via your web server URL.
For Apache often it is c:\apache\htdocs\.

2) Discover what is your local web server URL, usually it is http://localhost/

3) Make sure your web server is configured properly and can process PHP files. Please refer to PHP and web server manuals for more info.

You can check whether it is ok by saving PHP file to your web server root and trying to access it via web browser. E.g. you save the file to c:\apache\htdocs\index.php and try to open it via URL http://localhost/index.php

If this works, you have done everything correctly and can now configure Rapid PHP.

4) In Rapid PHP, add mapping from your web server root directory to its URL. In the above example you would map c:\apache\htdocs\ to http://localhost/

Now close and re-open your PHP document. You should be able to preview it.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support