Insert text from a file with HTMLPad?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Insert text from a file with HTMLPad?

Postby jrball » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:36 am

Is it possible to insert text from an external file, other than by cut and paste? Such action is possible in other text editors, but I can't find it either in help, this forum, or the HTMLPad menu. Thanks!
jrball

Postby syrupcore » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:02 pm

do you need it to be visible in the editor or just included in the published web document?

just curious, what sort of file is it and why do you want to import it instead of copy and paste?
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby jrball » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:51 pm

syrupcore wrote:do you need it to be visible in the editor or just included in the published web document?

just curious, what sort of file is it and why do you want to import it instead of copy and paste?

1) I need to be able to see and edit the text.

2) The file is just some text (HTML code -- an unsorted list of items) generated by another program. I have to insert this text, and possibly edit it, for several pages, so cutting and pasting isn't so convenient.

Now, I admit that it's possible to open the machine-generated file and copy the contents to a Library Snippit, and that's what I'm doing. But I've used the "Insert file" function in other editors and wondered if I just couldn't find it in HTMLPad!
jrball

Postby syrupcore » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:54 am

sorry but I dont think it's possible. That said, I'm always finding out about things you can do with this software so perhaps some one will come along with another option.

I'm still a little lost about what you're doing but would using a php include help? that way you can wrap it however you need to in your main doc for styling purposes and open the second, included doc to do any content tweaks.

good luck.
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:39 pm

Do you mean this?

1) Click on some "Insert File" command
2) File open window opens
3) You select file and it is inserted in caret position?

Please confirm that I have understood this right :)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby jrball » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:40 pm

Karlis wrote:Do you mean this?

1) Click on some "Insert File" command
2) File open window opens
3) You select file and it is inserted in caret position?

Please confirm that I have understood this right :)

Yes! That's it, exactly!
jrball

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support