RapidPHP 2020 v16.0.0.222 *bugs?*

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

RapidPHP 2020 v16.0.0.222 *bugs?*

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 am

Thank you for this new version of RPHP! I really appreciate it.
What I noticed immediately is, that the window panels are "always on top". I think, we had this issue before. So, is this "bug" re-introduced or a new behavior one can switch?

Also, I noticed, that page scrolling with CTRL-Up/Down isn't possible. I could only restore it with the backed up settings from 2018. Again, a "bug", a feature or simply no shortcut assigned?

Thanks again for this release.
Hans Meiser

Re: RapidPHP 2020 v16.0.0.222 *bugs?*

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Hey, I remember that always on top panels bug, but I'm not observing it in 2020. It would be great if you could give me step-by-step or maybe a video. Maybe it's my configuration or something else, but there is no problem with window panels on both of my test computers.

I guess Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down were taken over by Emmet plugin, which comes pre-installed. You can either remove this plugin or free these combinations via menu Options -> Keyboard shortcuts.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Aivars » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:37 pm

I just accidentally got the windowed tab to come on top, by hovering over tab - once Hint appeared, it popped over the main window. We'll try to fix it for the next update.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:34 pm

Aivars wrote:[...] or free these combinations via menu Options -> Keyboard shortcuts.

That's what I wanted to do but I couldn't find it. :(
What's the exact command to search for?
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:34 pm

Aivars wrote:I just accidentally got the windowed tab to come on top, by hovering over tab - once Hint appeared, it popped over the main window. We'll try to fix it for the next update.

Perfect, many thanks!
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:11 am

Unfortunately, the Update 223 has still the "windows on top" problem as seen here -> http://www.optical-circuit.com/_out/rapidphp/rphp_2020v1600223_bug.jpg
Just like it was in 2018, seen here -> http://www.optical-circuit.com/_out/rapidphp/rapidphp_panels.jpg

This is really a shame, because I urgently want to test this version out. :(
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:43 pm

So you were talking about tool windows, not floating document tabs? I'm looking at your screenshots and I'm missing the issue. Could you please point it out for me? For me, these tool windows are on top only when WeBuilder is focused, which is by design, as otherwise there would be no way to get to them, as they don't appear in taskbar. If I switch to another application, then tool windows are under that application.
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 pm

Aivars wrote:So you were talking about tool windows, not floating document tabs?

Well, if that's what they called, yes. Sorry for describing it wrong.

Aivars wrote:I'm looking at your screenshots and I'm missing the issue. Could you please point it out for me?

Um, you can clearly see in the screen shot, that only the left half of the DOpus window is visible. The right half is covert by the tool windows.

Aivars wrote:For me, these tool windows are on top only when WeBuilder is focused, which is by design, as otherwise there would be no way to get to them, as they don't appear in taskbar. If I switch to another application, then tool windows are under that application.

And exactly _this_ is the problem here: the tool windows _stay_ on top when RapidPHP is _not_ foused.
In my screenshots, the DOpus window is active and selected, nevertheless you can see, that it's covered from the tool windows. The main window respects that (thus you can see the left side of the DOpus window) but the tool windows don't (thus the right side of the DOpus window is hidden).
It's just like 2018, but I don't know, how you fixed it then. :)
Hans Meiser

Postby Aivars » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:53 pm

After more careful examination, the fix should have been merged into the new version but it wasn't. I'm really sorry about it, but at least now I know what to do (even if I can't remember how to replicate the issue itself).
Aivars

Postby Hans Meiser » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Great news!! Can't wait for the update! Many thanks for taking care of it. :thumbsup: :D
Hans Meiser

Postby Hans Meiser » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:07 am

Alrighty! I used 224 now for some time and I guess I can say, that the "always on top" issue is gone. Great work and many thanks again for taking care of this. :thumbsup:
Hans Meiser

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support