WeBuilder "find" tab focus

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

WeBuilder "find" tab focus

Postby dMole » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:02 pm

There is a problem with find focusing when using 3 tabs (haven't tried 2 tabs). I have 3 files opened - 2 in split screen and 1 on another monitor. When I press "Find next", WeBuilder searches in wrong tab even if another window is active and cursor put to that window. For example:
1. I edit file in Tab A.
2. I click on code inside Tab C and cursor is blinking there, filename in the top of the tab is highlighted.
3. I press "Find next"
4. It finds next occurance in Tab A! <---
5. I click on code inside Tab C again
6. I press "Find next"
7. Finally it finds next occurance in Tab C

So, it starts to find in Tab C only after second click on the Tab C. It happens all the time.

P.S. Latest build of 2020 - 16.0.0.225
dMole

Re: WeBuilder "find" tab focus

Postby Aivars » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:20 pm

We'll test this, thanks for detailed report.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: WeBuilder "find" tab focus

Postby dMole » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:13 pm

Have done some additional testing. If you split ONE screen into 2 or 3 tabs - everything is ok. But when you undock one of the tabs (in my case I drag one of the tab to another monitor) - this bug appears. Moreover, this bug appears only when you try to find on undocked tab - it still searches main screen tab. Otherwise everything is ok. You can test it even on default Untitled1.html by creating 2-3 copies in different tabs and trying to find "head" for example.

1. I create untitled2.html and drag it to another screen, leaving untitled1.html on main screen. Press ctrl-F and type "head" i.e.
2. Switch to untitled1.html and press couple of spaces or whatever.
3. Switch to untitled2.html - cursor is blinking there. Press Find next and it will find <head> in untitled1.html!!!
4. Switch again to untitled2.html and press Find next and it will work fine.
dMole

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support