CSS Syntax Highlighting

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

CSS Syntax Highlighting

Postby Thyresias » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi,

In HTMLPad 2005 [6.3.0.58], I have redefined the syntax highlighting colors for CSS elements in Options > Preferences > Text Editor > Colors, but this is ignored when I open a .css file (the highlighting uses the default colors & attributes). Same problem for JavaScript and .js files. Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug ?

Thanks
Thyresias

Postby Karlis » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:16 pm

Thank you for your question.

Please make sure that you have defined colors for the CSS language. There are several languages in the list. For example HTML, HTML with PHP etc. If you change CSS colors for HTML language, it will work only for CSS code in HTML files, so you need to set up colors for CSS files separately by selecting CSS from the list.

I did re-test it and it worked just fine.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Thyresias » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:43 am

:oops: You're right...

By the way, a suggestion: for JavaScript, I'd like to have a different highlighting for objects and methods/properties (core JS or DOM), so I can spot visually my identifiers from the ones that are pre-defined.

And another one: when I have a lot of open views (File Explorer, Inspector, etc.), I don't like having to scroll through the tabs at the bottom to find the one I want. I'm ready do sacrifice some vertical space: could you just pile them up (2nd, 3rd row of tabs?)

But anyway, great product. I will continue testing, and if everything goes fine, probably get a license in January.

Greetings from Paris, France.
Thyresias

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support