Standalone WeBuilder?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Standalone WeBuilder?

Postby bpat1434 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:14 am

Is there a way to get WeBuilder to run standalone? As in from a USB drive? I've just gotten PHP, Apache, mySQL and all onto my USB drive, and I'd love to run WeBuilder from it as well, so that no matter where I go, or what computer I use, I can edit my files in the program I want.

I was just wondering if I copied the contents of the WeBuilder program folder onto my USB drive, if I'd be able to run it properly on a computer that didn't have it installed?

Thanks.

~Brett
bpat1434

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:06 pm

Well, it should run this way, however, please note that this won't bring the settings with you, the settings will have to be configured on each PC separately. I am not sure whether there is enough demand for having this implemented. You can try to cast your votes under this topic :)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby gLes » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:37 am

One more vote from me 8)

This correspons to the requests of saving options into a file or making it possible to save options into an .ini file in the programs directory :)
gLes

Postby robertc » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:48 pm

I'd support the idea of exporting the setting to a files as well.
Continually rebuilding my PC & having to reset the preferences. Would be much easier to import them from an XML file (or similar)
Thanks
Robert
robertc

Postby Vandulus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:41 pm

An import/export settings command would be a great feature.

For the moment, you can go under the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Blumentals\WeBuilder directory and manually copy the setting files over. I've been doing this and it seems to do the trick.
Vandulus

Postby notuo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm

Count my vote also

Nice trick the last one...
notuo

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:13 pm

It is very likely that in 2006 we will include features that will allow to easily import / export settings.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby bpat1434 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Great!!! It's an awesome feature.

I know you probably get this a lot, but any ballpark figures on 2006 release?

~Brett
bpat1434

Postby Karlis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:18 pm

Yes, I do get that often. We are currently in a stage when some 4 major features and 10 minor features need to be added. The progress is slower than expected, but we hope to release at least something by the end of January.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby bpat1434 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Great!!

Look forward to it...

~Brett
bpat1434

Postby gLes » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:37 am

Karlis wrote:Yes, I do get that often. We are currently in a stage when some 4 major features and 10 minor features need to be added. The progress is slower than expected, but we hope to release at least something by the end of January.

Don't be too hasty with that, just make it good, just like you did before :D
gLes

Postby syrupcore » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:27 pm

gLes wrote:Don't be too hasty with that, just make it good, just like you did before :D

I'll second that.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support