Is there a way to extend the clipboard?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Is there a way to extend the clipboard?

Postby syrupcore » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:16 am

I really dig the extended clipboard feature. I'm wondering if there is a way to make the list longer before the oldest rolls off? Say, increasing it to 20 or something?

Thanks,
Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:45 pm

Currently this is not possible by user, we can do it easily, but I'm not sure whether it is necessary. Too much items in the clipboard would create a big deal of clutter.

From the other side ... MS Office has 24 slots, and they should have tested the usability for sure, so maybe 20 is not a bad idea... What do others think?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby syrupcore » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:34 pm

I dont think I'd classify it as 'necessary' either. It's only been a very few times and it usually involves some situation where I need to do something to each page in a site and have a collection of words to insert, depending on the page.

For instance, yesterday I needed when building meta tags for a 60+ page site. there were lots of repeated sections and using the extended clipboard really helped me cut that time in half. There were slightly too many so occasionally I actually had to, oh my god, type.

There is a common theme to my feature requests: I'm lazy and would rather be outside. ;)

Will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby syrupcore » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:37 pm

sorry, I guess this should be in feature requests so feel free to move it.

I'd love to be able to attach a keyboard shortcut to slots in the extended keyboard, say CTRL+ALT+1 for slot one... There are times when I create a snippet just for a particular project for the sole reason of accessing it via keyboard shortcut (remember, lazy). If I could just trigger a clipboard slot, I could keep my snippets from getting cluttered with project specific junk.

not really a request. just a 'thinking out loud'.

Thanks,
will
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:53 pm

ok, will think about this
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support