Adding Special Characters to List

Post your questions and problem reports here

Moderator: kfury77

Forum rules
Please try to follow these guidelines. This will help to receive faster and more accurate response.

• Check the Support section of the corresponding product first. Chances are you will find your answer there;
  • Do not create new topics for already reported problems. Add your comments to the existing topics instead;
  • Create separate topic for each problem request. Do NOT post a number of non-related problem reports in a single topic;
  • Give your topic a meaningful title. Titles such as "A question," "Bug report" and "Help!" provide others no clue what your message is about;
  • Include the version number of the software you are using;
  • This is not an official customer support helpdesk. If you need a prompt and official response, please contact our support team directly instead. It may take a while until you receive a reply in the forum;

Adding Special Characters to List

Postby ebarstad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:13 am

Hi,

Is there a way I can add more special characters to the Special Characters dialog box [ctrl+alt+s]? I'd like to include en- and em-dashes, for example.

Thanks,

Eric
ebarstad

Postby Karlis » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:09 am

You may try to edit entities.ini in the data subfolder of program folder. I am not sure whether it will work, but it might work.

Just be sure to backup the file before changing it, in case you mess something up, so that you do not have to reinstall ;)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby ebarstad » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:43 am

Thanks Karlis. Worked like a charm.

For those interested, each special character in the ini file is set up like this:

Code: Select all
169=©|copyright sign
174=®|registered sign = registered trade mark sign
8482=™|trademark sign
38=&|ampersand

Where the number is the number code for the character followed by the name code (which is what gets inserted into your file when you double-click on it in WeBuilder) and a description. I believe the number codes are required mostly for the Special Characters menu preview.

Eric
ebarstad

Postby syrupcore » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:29 am

thanks for posting back eric.
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Return to HTMLPad / Rapid CSS / Rapid PHP / WeBuilder Support