Error during screensaver installation via exe

Post your questions and problem reports here

Error during screensaver installation via exe

Postby Paul2660 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:35 pm

I am running screensaver 3.5, with licence to resell System is XP SP2.

I have created 2 previous screen savers that worked fine. However on the current one I just finished, when the setup is run, it finishes with this error,

"The instruction at "0x10106018" referenced memory at "0x62207968". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

If you click Ok, the actual screen saver installs under display properties and seems to work OK. When you go to uninstall it via the uninstaller, you get the same message.

As I am selling this screensaver, I would rather not get any error as the average user will more than likley hit cancel not OK and thus not install the screen saver.

This particular screen saver has over 60 images, my earlier versions were around 40. That is the only thing I have changed.

I would appreciate any ideas as how to get around this.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Photography by Paul Caldwell
Paul2660

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:00 pm

Have you tried it on another PC, to rule out a problem on your machine?
If possible, could you email it to me, or send me a download link, and I can try on a test machine here.

blu @ chrisjlocke . co . uk

Could be a dodgy image. Have you tried removing half the images? If it works, replace with the other half. If that works, then it could simply be the number of images, or the 'weight' of them (eg, its above, say, 30MB, or 45 images)

This sort of 'non helpful' error (not a dig at you!) could really be anything, and its unfortunately stabbing around in the dark, trying to pinpoint what it could be.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:40 pm

Yes, try this experiment - remove some images (say half to begin) and see whether anything gets better.

Another thing to do would be to try the new (present) version of Screensaver Factory (4.2) and to see whether the error persists.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Support